My name is Jacqueline O’Neill, but everyone calls me Jackie. My family consists of my 2 amazing kids (20 months apart) an incredibly supportive Husband and a cat and dog.
Our house is crazy, loud and well lived in and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My intrigue in the body and all that is birth was sparked with my first pregnancy. I had a Breech baby on board and had to fight for my right to birth how I believed my body could. I am forever grateful that I was surrounded by supportive people and went on to have a very positive birth.
Because of this I recognised how important it is for birthing women to have a supportive team.
That is why I chose to become a Doula.
I am here to support you, your birthing partner and your baby. I am committed to helping you make an informed choice about YOUR perfect, positive birth.
I have listed a few things I can do which will help you feel relaxed, supported and empowered during your upcoming journey into Motherhood.
- I will listen to you, I will encourage you to talk about anything you are unsure or nervous about, so we can prepare your mind and body for the birth you want
- I can help you write your birth plan, which will give you and your birthing partner a sense of security in knowing your wants and needs are being met.
- I have trained in acupressure and massage, which will help alleviate any intense pressure during labour and birth. I also offer massage before your baby is born, which will help you relax and ensure your pelvis is loose, relaxed and ready for birth
- I have completed the Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregiver training, so I will be able to use the hypnobirthing language, tools and techniques and encourage your health care providers to do the same.
- As your birth coach, I will provide you with information and resources, which gives you the opportunity to feel calm and supported while knowing you will have continuity of care during pregnancy, labour and birth
- I have attended a Spinning Babies workshop, which gives me tools and techniques to encourage your baby into a better position during pregnancy and labour to reduce the risk of interventions and caesarean.
- I offer ongoing support via a Facebook support group for as long as you wish to be supported. This will be a closed group offered to my client only, so you can ask questions within the group and empower one another.
- I can offer breastfeeding support, information and resources – to help you establish a good breastfeeding relationship with your baby or babies.
I aim to keep myself updated with the most recent evidence-based information, so you can feel confident I am providing you with the very best resources available.
If you feel you would like to meet up for a coffee and a chat about your pregnancy, please contact me via email [email protected] or phone: +61 400 247 857